Career Development in the Classroom
In addition to Career Services, faculty, professional advisors, and staff all play an integral role in ensuring the career success of our students within the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Many of our courses and academic learning already include career and professional development topics and hands on learning.
Consider partnering with the University Career Center to prepare career ready students. To develop a course assignment or class presentation, email AGNR Program Director, Christina Farmer email@example.com or call 301-314-2221.
UCC @ AGNR can develop assignments related to career services that students can complete for a grade or extra-credit. Previous curricular development has included:
- An out-of-the class assignment focused on networking or career exploration that was self-graded
- Virtual mock interviews
- Attending Center events (e.g. career fairs or career panel) and reflecting on their experience.
UCC @ AGNR staff as well as our network of professional can deliver in class presentation to discuss a career development topic most relevant to your students. Examples can include:
- Resume, Cover Letter, and Professional Writing
- Job or Internship Search Strategies
- Networking utilizing LinkedIn and other platforms
- Professional Branding
If you have a conference to attend or other conflict, don’t cancel class, invite UCC @ AGNR in for a presentation.