Directions to AGNR

The nerve center of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources is Symons Hall on the UMD College Park campus.

View Map

By Car

From Points North, West and East:

Take Interstates 95, 270 or 66 to the Washington, D.C., Capital Beltway/Interstate 495.

If traveling south on I-95, take exit 27 to I-495. From I-495, following signs to exit 25B for Route 1 south toward College Park. Go about 2 miles on Route 1 south. Drive past the main campus entrance and follow signs to take the next right into the Visitor Center parking lot.

From Points South:

If traveling from the south via the Maryland side of I-495, take exit 23 for Route 201/Kenilworth Avenue to Bladensburg and Greenbelt. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left onto Kenilworth Avenue. After the first light, merge to the right to turn right onto Route 193 west/University Boulevard. Continue on Route 193, then follow signs for Route 1 south. Follow Route 1 south past the main campus entrance and take the next right into the Visitor Center parking lot.

By Plane

Three major airports serve the area around the University of Maryland. Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is 25 miles to the north and has direct train service to College Park. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Arlington, Va., is about 15 miles south of the university and offers subway service to College Park. Washington Dulles International Airport, near Herndon, Va., is about 35 miles to the west.

By Train

Maryland is easily accessible by Amtrak train stops in New Carrollton, Md., and Union Station in Washington, D.C., where you can transfer to the Metrorail subway system and take the green line directly to College Park. The regional MARC train system runs between Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and includes a stop in College Park. The College Park Metrorail/MARC station is about one mile from the campus, with a free Shuttle-UM bus making regular runs between the stop and the university. Exit the bus at the math building to visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.