Welcome New AGNR Terps
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Maryland College of Agriculture and Natural Resources! As a newly admitted AGNR Terp, we are excited to welcome you into the College and begin your Maryland experience.
Check out the resources below to know your next steps and how you can learn more about the opportunities that await you as a Terp! Don't forget to also reference the admitted student checklists provided by the admissions office for fall and spring admitted Freshmen.
Looking for more information on our Institute of Applied Agriculture? Visit their website at IAA.umd.edu.
Calendar of Events
|Date||Time||Type of Event||Event Name||Registration|
|April 29||10:00 am - 4:00 pm||In Person||Maryland Day - Campus Wide Open House||More Information|
We will be adding events to this calendar, so check back for more information on department information sessions, tours, virtual Q&A events, a virtual Parent's Night, special panels with alumni, and more!
Explore AGNR Financial Aid and Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of alumni and friends of the College of AGNR, we're able to offer a robust scholarship program for our Students and a unique Financial Aid program for Maryland residents in the College of AGNR. Click the links below more and to apply for scholarships before the March 1st deadline!
Please contact our recruitment team with any questions or if you would like to further customize your visit experience! You can reach April Brohawn or Kimberly Monahan at FutureAGNR@umd.edu. You can also use the link below to schedule an individual appointment virtually or in-person!
Maryland Day (Ag Day)
Maryland Day is a campus-wide open house inviting visitors of all ages to come and experience our world of discovery and learning. The annual event has it's roots in the College of AGNR as nearly 100 years ago, we started this tradition known then as "Ag Day".
As your time to decide your future academic home draws closer, we want to invite you to come explore the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources at Maryland Day on Saturday, April 29, 2023 from 10-4pm.
Here are some highlights of activities and events happening throughout the day:
- Visit AGNR’s tent on McKeldin Mall right in the heart of campus where students and staff will be sharing information and engaging guests all day. Meet a new dairy calf from our Central Maryland Research and Education Center farm and submit your name suggestion.
- Grab lunch or a snack from our student groups at the Animal Sciences Courtyard (did somebody say 3D printed pancakes?) and meet our AGNR Student Clubs!
- Explore student research projects focused on environmental technology, innovative food production systems, and sustainability in the Animal Sciences Courtyard.
- Catch the student-run livestock show or show-jumping demonstrations at the Campus Farm. While you're there, meet members of the Pre-Veterinary Society and take a tour of the Farm.
- Learn more about AGNR's newest academic programs, Agricultural & Extension Education and Fermentation Science, in exhibits by our Plant Sciences Building.
- Cool off with a scoop of free Maryland Dairy Ice Cream scooped by the Maryland Equestrian Team in the Animal Science Courtyard.
- And so much more!
Contact our recruitment team directly:
April Brohawn, Program Director, Recruitment and Student Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-314-7222
Kimberly Monahan, Coordinator for Recruitment, email@example.com