AGNR Student Council
The AGNR Student Council plans and coordinates college-wide student activities. Each student organization or club in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources has two voting representatives seated on the council; however, meetings are open to any student who wants to listen and participate in discussions. Major activities include a Fall Bash Festival, Ag Day, and the Student Council Awards Banquet.
Fall 2022 AGNR Student Council T-shirt Design Contest!
The AGNR Student Council is holding a t-shirt design contest! We're inviting current students to design a shirt that represents the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and shows your pride. Ag Council will choose one winning design to be available for sale this fall. The creator of the winning design will receive a prize pack.
Entries due on Thursday, October 20th!
Rules & Eligibility
- The contest is open to current UMD AGNR students or non-AGNR students who are active members of AGNR Student Council clubs.
- All entries must be received by the stated deadline.
- Participants may submit as many designs as they would like until the stated deadline.
- All designs must be in good taste and in alignment with the University of Maryland’s values in order to be considered. Designs that include any reference to inappropriate content will be disqualified.
- All designs must comply with University trademark and licensing regulations.
- Key guidelines to note: (1) University of Maryland marks may not be altered in any way. For example, the "M" being held in the mascot turtle mark's hands. Be creative around the marks, but not with the marks. (2) Nothing can overlap or fill the marks. (3) No reference to any UMD athletes can be made.
- Entrants represent and warrant that their submission is their original work, has not been copied from another, and does not violate the rights of anyone else or another entry.
- All entry materials become the exclusive property of the AGNR Student Council/College of AGNR. Entry into the contest is deemed as a statement of an entrant’s irrevocable, perpetual permission and consent for the University to use the submitted design and possibly the entrant's name and other information for editorial, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media.
- The AGNR Student Council/College of AGNR/University of Maryland has the right modify/adapt the winning design, as needed, for purposes necessary to the screening/printing process or other needs.
The AGNR Student Council/College of AGNR reserves the right to modify and amend these guidelines at any time without notice.
Submit a Design
Please upload your design via the google form at https://forms.gle/ubrSVem7DdwyrQYj6 or button below. We can accept .png, .eps, .pdf or .ai format. You may also email your design to email@example.com.
Review & Selection
The theme of the design should celebrate Maryland/AGNR pride and/or Terp spirit. The design does not have to say “University of Maryland,” but the motif should be a very evident reflection of UMD and Terp pride. The AGNR Student Council will select the winning design. The designs will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Adherence to design guidelines listed above;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Ability to visually capture Maryland pride and/or Terp spirit in a positive and constructive manner;
- Appeal of design to broad spectrum of people.