Dr. Paul R. Rickert is the Area Extension Director for Cecil, Kent, and Queen Anne's Counties. He joined Extension from Bryan College (TN) where he was Dean of Adult and Graduate Studies & Associate Professor of Criminal Justice. He was previously an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice, Program Director, Director of Distance Learning Programs, and Assessment Coordinator at LeTourneau University (Texas) and Liberty University (Virginia).
He was a police officer (full-time and reserve) from 1996 until 2016 in VA, TX, and TN. He enjoys studying human trafficking, military operations other than war (MOOTW), peace studies, economics, governance, theology, and policy. Paul, originally from upstate-N.Y., is an avid traveler, having lived in Denmark and Hungary, and traveled to more than 30 countries worldwide, and taken 7 trips abroad with his students. He has been married to Michelle (a Cecil County, MD native) since 1996 and they have 3 children.
- Ed.D. - Liberty University, Educational Leadership. Graduated with High Distinction
- Ed.S. - Liberty University, Educational Leadership. Graduated with High Distinction
- Grad. Cert. - Longwood University, Social Policy and Administration
- M.C.J. - Faulkner University, Criminal Justice, Alpha Phi Sigma honors
- M.S. - George Mason University, Schar School of Policy & Government, Peacekeeping Operations & Policy
- B.S. - Liberty University, Government – Pre-Law, cum laude
- Dip. - Word of Life Bible Institute, Youth Ministries, high honors
- Dip. - Word of Life Bible Institute, Biblical Studies, high honors