- Research focus on pollinator health, and honey bee health specifically
- Understanding and (importantly) improving honey bee health
- Understanding both the etiology of individual bee diseases and the large scale monitoring of colony health
- Identifying determinates of disease in honey bee colonies
- Identifying and promoting management systems which promote colony health
- Broad scale monitoring of pollinator health
I am particularly intrigued with using an epidemiological approach to understanding and (importantly) improving honey bee health. This approach is multi-faceted, requiring understanding both the etiology of individual bee diseases and the large scale monitoring of colony health.
I encourage students interested in these broad themes to contact me for M.S. and Ph.D. opportunities.