Accepting your AGNR Scholarship
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources is grateful for the generosity of alumni, industry partners and friends of the college, for the support of our students and through the abundance of scholarship programs. These contributions help ease the financial burdens of attending college for so many AGNR Students like yourself.
As shared in your award letter, in order for you to accept your scholarship, you are first required to complete the Scholarship Acceptance Form. This form includes some background information, information on your current or planned involvement, your future goals, and your photo.
After you complete this step, you will be given instructions on completing a digital thank you note for your donor. Once both items are complete, they will be shared with the donors and stewards who contribute to your scholarship. This is very important as it affirms the value and significance of the donor's contributions and allows them to learn more about the students they are supporting.
Before You Begin the Online Scholarship Acceptance Form
- Prepare your responses to the following questions. Please write professionally using good grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- What outside of the classroom activities do you participate in (research, leadership, clubs/organizations, work, projects, etc)?
- What honors and awards have your received at the University of Maryland?
- What community service and/or volunteer activities are you/have you been involved with?
- What are your plans post-graduation
- Prepare your digital photo (.png or .jpg) - This photo should be of you alone (no group photos)
- The photo can show you in business attire or be a more casual "in the field" photo, but make sure you are seen clearly-- the donors will see the photo
- An image size of approximately 420x500 pixels is suggested
The Scholarship Acceptance Form is currently closed.