- Ph.D. in Nutritional Sciences with a minor in Physiology. University of Maryland, College Park MD.
- M.S. in Nutrition. University of Maryland, College Park MD.
- B.S. in Foods and Nutrition with High Honors. University of Maryland, College Park MD.
Determination of nutrient needs of lactating women which involve investigations of trace
element metabolism and homeostatic mechanisms using stable isotope tracers.
Also investigations to determine the role of leptin in energy substrate
utilization during lactation.
- Chung C, Nagey DA, Veillon C, Patterson KY, Jackson RT, Moser-Veillon PB. 2002. A single 60 mg iron dose decreases zinc absorption during early lactation. Journal of Nutrition. 132:1903-05.
- Gossage C, Deyhim M, Yamini S, Douglass L, Moser-Veillon PB. 2002. Carotenoid composition of human milkduring the first month postpartum and response to B-carotene supplementation. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 76:193-7.
- Moser-Veillon PB, Mangels AR, Vieira NE, Yergey AL, Patterson KY, Hill AD, Veillon C. 2001. Calcium fractional absorption and metabolism assessed using stable isotopes differ between post partum and never pregnant women. Journal of Nutrition. 131:2295-299.
- Gossage C, Deyhim M, Moser-Veillon PB, Douglass L, Kramer T. 2000. Effect of B-carotene
supplementation and lactation on carotenoid metabolism and mitogenic T-lymphocyte
proliferation. Am J Clin Nutr. 71:950-5
- Patterson KY, Veillon C, Hill AD, Moser-Veillon PB. 2000. Measurement of calcium stable isotope
tracers using cool plasma ICP-MS. Journal
of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry. 14:1673-77
- Mukherjea R, Castonguay T, Douglass L, Moser-Veillon PB. 1999. Elevated leptin concentrations
in pregnancy and lactation: Possible role as modulator of substrate utilization.
Life Sciences. 65:1183-93.
- Mohammedshah F, Moser-Veillon PB, Yamini S, Douglass L, Anderson A , Veillon C. 1998. Distribution of a stable isotope of chromium (53 Cr) in serum, urine and breast milk in lactating women. Am J Clin Nutr. 67:1250-55.
- Moser-Veillon PB. 1995. Zinc needs and homeostasis during lactation. The Analyst. 120;895-97.
- Conducted workshop for Institute of Nutrition, Mahidol University, Banngkok Thailand, “Using
mineral stable isotopes to answer nutrition questions, August 1999.
- Research in Nepal on nutritional status of lactating mothers and their infants. (Am
J Clin Nutr 1988 47:722-8, 47:729-34, 47;735-9)
Awards and Honors:
NFSC Home PageNFSC Faculty
Mentor, Graduate Student Government Association, University of Maryland. 1999.
to Science Award, given by Sigma Xi (National Research Honor Society) University
of Maryland Chapter. 1999.
Dietetic Association, Excellence Award for Outstanding Achievement as a
Dietetics Educator. 1997.
Agriculture and Natural Resources, Award for Excellence in Research. 1996.
Scholar-Teacher (one of four) University of Maryland. 1996.
agricultural Sciences Excellence in College and University teaching given
by USDA and the National Association of State Universities and Land Grant
Fellowship, Center for Teaching Excellence. 1995
Agriculture, Award for Excellence in Teaching and Advising. 1994
Research Award of the Pediatrics Practice Group of the American Dietetic