2013, Ph.D., Animal Biology, University of California, Davis
2008, B.S., Animal Science, Michigan State University
2016- Lecturer and Internship Coordinator, Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland
2013-2016, Postdoctoral Fellow, Indiana University – School of Medicine, South Bend
2008-2013, Graduate Researcher, University of California, Davis
AWARDS and FUNDING
2020 UMD Provost Office Teaching Innovations Grant
2019 AGNR On Campus Professional Track Faculty Excellence Award
2018 UMD ELEVATE Course Redesign Fellowship
2012 2nd Place Ph.D. Student Oral Presentation, American Dairy Science Association
2012 Tucker Appreciation Club Travel Award
2011 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow International Travel Award
2010 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
2008 UC Davis Graduate Scholars Fellowship
Current Course Offerings:
- ANSC212/214 - Applied Animal Physiology Lecture and Laboratory (Spring)
- ANSC262 - Commercial Poultry Management (Spring)
- ANSC359 - Internship Experience in Animal and Avian Sciences (Fall, Spring, and Summer)
- ANSC417 - Regulatory Issues in Animal Care and Management (Fall)
- ANSC443 - Physiology of Lactation (Spring)
- ANSC446 - Physiology of Mammalian Reproduction (Fall)
- ANSC450 - Animal Breeding Plans (Fall)
Previous Course Offerings
- ANSC444/644 - Domestic Animal Endocrinology
- ANSC452 - Avian Physiology
- VanKlompenberg, M.K., R. Manjarin, C.E. Donovan, J.F. Trott and R.C. Hovey. 2016. Regulation and localization of vascular endothelial growth factor within the mammary glands during the transition from late gestation to lactation. Domestic Animal Endocrinology, 54:37-47.
- VanKlompenberg, M.K., C.O. Bedalov, K. Fernandaz-Soto and J.R. Prosperi. 2015: APC mediates chemotherapeutic responsiveness of breast cancer. BMC Cancer 15:457.
- Schennink, A., J.F. Trott, G.E. Berryhill, C.E. Donovan, R. Manjarin, M.K. VanKlompenberg, A.R. Rowson-Hodel, M-Y.O Luis, and R.C. Hovey. 2015. Alcohol intake stimulates epithelial proliferation in an authentic model of the human breast. Reproductive Toxicology 54:93-100.
- Cánovas, A., G. Rincón, C. Bevilacqua, A. Islas-Trejo, P. Brenaut, R.C. Hovey, M. Boutinaud, M.K. VanKlompenberg, P. Martin and J.F. Medrano.2014. Comparison of five different RNA sources to examine the lactating bovine mammary gland transcriptome using RNA-Sequencing. Sci. Rep. 4:5297.
- VanKlompenberg M.K., R. Manjarin, J.F. Trott, H.F. McMicking and R.C. Hovey. 2013. Late-gestational hyperprolactinemia accelerates mammary epithelial cell differentiation that leads to increased milk yield. J Anim Sci. 91(3):1102-1111.
- Berger, T., A. Conley, M. Van Klompenberg, J.F. Roser and R.C. Hovey. 2013. Increased testicular sertoli cell population induced by an estrogen receptor antagonist. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. 366(1):53-58.
- Trott J.F., A. Schennink, W.K. Petrie, R. Manjarin, M.K. VanKlompenberg and R.C. Hovey. 2012. Prolactin: The multi-faceted potentiator of mammary growth and function. J Anim Sci. 90(5):1674-86.
- VanKlompenberg, M.K., H.F. McMicking and R.C. Hovey. 2012. A vacuum-assisted approach for biopsying the mammary glands of various species. J Dairy Sci. 95(1):243-246.