Dr. Needelman teaches and performs research in the fields of soil science, pedology (soil formation and mapping), coastal wetlands, and coastal resiliency.
- Applying the concepts and tools of pedology to solve environmental and social problems.
- Using existing soil survey data and digital soil mapping to improve decision support tools for precision sustainable agriculture.
- Understanding and accounting for blue carbon dynamics with a focus on coastal wetland soil processes including carbon sequestration and methane emissions.
- Integrating environmental and social science approaches to better understand and increase the resilience of coastal socio-ecological systems to climate change.
- Collaborating on the first national soil survey of Israel.