College of Agriculture & Natural Resources

Departmental Advising

How do I find my faculty advisor?

Each department in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources handles advisor assignments differently.  Some distribute new students amongst current advisors.  Some add additional faculty to the advising roster to accommodate to each new class of students entering.  Others have permanent faculty advisors and students are assigned to them alphabetically.

To find your advisor, go to the Undergraduate Program Office for your major (department) and speak with the Coordinator or Administrative Assistant for the advisor assignment policy that applies to you.

NOTE:  first semester freshmen or transfer students - you should identify your advisor within your the first five weeks of the semester and learn how that advisor handles making advising appointments!

For office locations and staff for undergraduate programs in each department, please select the department link from the main menu of this web site.

Student Services Office of AGNR Academic Programs (Room 0107 Symons Hall) is always available for special advising.  Appointments are preferred but not necessary.  However, Student Services will not do routine major advising - that must be done in your department.  Come to Student Services for issues involving Permission to Enroll at another institution, transcript discrepancies, information on petitions you have filed for exception to academic policy, study abroad, etc.

Links to Departmental Advising Websites:

Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2018. Web Accessibility