William C. Berg Academic Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship
Sponsor: National Corn Growers Association | Application Deadline: December 2, 2016
Scholarship URL: http://www.ncga.com/topics/education/college-scholarships
The National Corn Growers Association and BASF Corporation will award five $1,000 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree in an agriculture-related field.
Scholarship recipients will be selected in early 2016. Recipients and a parent or guardian will enjoy travel and lodging to attend the 2016 Commodity Classic in New Orleans, Louisiana, to be recognized at the NCGA Banquet and have the opportunity to learn more about modern agriculture.
- Applicant must be entering at least his/her second undergraduate year at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness, or an Ag vocation field.
- Applicant must be an NCGA member or son/daughter of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are noteligible for the scholarship.
- Applications must be postmarked by Friday, December 11, 2015.
Your Application Packet MUST Include
- Completed application
- Current transcript from junior college, college or university
- Proof you are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness, or an Ag vocation field (transcript may suffice, consult your registrar or department office for more information)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least two must be from non-family members, and one should be from a faculty member)
- Current resume or list of activities, awards and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- A few paragraphs on “What are the three most important issues facing agriculture today?”