Tillman Military Scholarship at the University of Maryland
Sponsor: The Division of Student Affairs | Application Deadline: March 1, 2016
- Founded in 2008, the Tillman Scholars program supports our nation’s active-duty service members, veterans and military spouses by investing in their higher education. Since the program’s inception, the Foundation has named over 400 Tillman Scholars at more than 100 institutions nationwide.
The application to become a 2016 Tillman Scholar will open February 2, 2016 and will close on March 1, 2016.
The scholarship covers educational expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living expenses. But scholars receive much more than just funding. Our program unites the best talent and leadership in the military to make a significant impact in the fields of medicine, law, business, policy, technology, education and the arts. Read our Application One Pager and explore the profiles of the Tillman Scholars to see what distinguishes our most successful applicants. Questions? Review the FAQs.
- Veteran and active-duty military service members
- Honorably discharged of pre- and/or post-9/11 service from all branches of the U.S. Military, including the National Guard and Reserve
- Current spouses of veterans or active-duty
- service members, including surviving spouses
- Military veterans or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time* student:
– Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
– Graduate or professional degree
– At a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution of higher education