National Corn Growers Association- Academic Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship
Sponsor: The National Corn Growers Association | Application Deadline: December 2, 2016
Scholarship URL: http://www.ncga.com/topics/education/college-scholarships
The National Corn Growers Association is again offering its William C. Berg Academic Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship thanks to the sponsorship of BASF Corporation.
Five $1,000 scholarships are available to college students (sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate students and Ph.D. candidates) who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness or an ag-vocation field.
The five scholarship winners will be recognized at NCGA's annual trade show and convention, Commodity Classic, which will be held on March 2-4, 2017 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Applicant must be entering at least his/her second undergraduate year at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness, or an Ag vocation field.
- Applicant must be an NCGA member or son/daughter of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are noteligible for the scholarship.
- Applications must be postmarked by Friday, December 2, 2016.
Your Application Packet MUST Include
- Completed application
- Current transcript from junior college, college or university
- Proof you are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness, or an Ag vocation field (transcript may suffice, consult your registrar or department office for more information)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least two must be from non-family members, and one should be from a faculty member)
- Current resume or list of activities, awards and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- A few paragraphs on “What are the three most important issues facing agriculture today?”