The Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
Sponsor: | Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
Scholarship URL: http://www.jkcf.org/scholarships
- The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's Graduate Scholarship Program enables a select group of remarkable students with demonstrated financial need to pursue graduate or professional study. Demonstrated financial need includes (a) low family and student income and assets in light of educational expenses and (b) substantial unmet educational costs after other scholarships or grants students may receive. The Foundation selects approximately 50 college seniors and recent graduates each year and awards up to $50,000 per year to each selected Scholar for up to six years.
- All graduate study fields and degrees are eligible for support. Scholars may use the award to attend any accredited graduate school in the US or abroad to pursue any graduate or professional degree, in fields from fine arts to medicine to history.
- Program Preferences: The Foundation's Graduate Scholarship review panel - comprising distinguished faculty and professionals - rigorously evaluates each application to identify exceptional individuals who have not only achieved academic excellence, but also demonstrated the will be become leaders in their chosen fields. The Foundation considers academic excellence first in evaluating candidates, but competitive applicants must also demonstrate substantial unmet financial need
- Award Amount: Scholarship amounts vary based on several factors, including costs at the institution each recipient attends; awards can be as much as $50,000 annually.
- Duration: Cooke Scholarships may be renewed for up to six years.
Learn more about the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation and all scholarship opportunities here.
Francis DuVinage, Ph.D
Director, National Scholarships Office
2403 Marie Mount Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- Graduating Seniors, Recent Grads (within the last five years) - Applicants must be planning to pursue their first graduate degree in the fall of 2009 - GPA of 3.5 or higher required - All Majors - All applicants for the Cooke Scholarship must be nominated by their university.