Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
Sponsor: Entrepreneurs' Organization
Scholarship URL: http://www.gsea.org/
What is GSEA?
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college of university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
EO GSEA supports student entrepreneurs who require much needed mentorship, recognition and connections to take their businesses to the next level of success.
VISION: Empowering student entrepreneurs to become the world’s more influential change makers.
MISSION: To give student entrepreneurs the opportunity to accelerate their success, challenge the status quo. connect to an instrumental peer group and make the greatest impact possible in their community.
Undergraduate college/university students who own and operate a business for at least six months are eligible to compete.
Qualifying competitions are held in cities and countries worldwide, with the 2017 Global Finals competition will be held in Frankfurt, Germany.
Qualifying competitions take place throughout the calendar year with the Global Finals held in 27-29 April 2017.
How do the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards help student business owners?
- Refined elevator pitches! Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks! Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure! Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Did we mention PRIZES? The Global Finals competition awards a US$10,000 cash prize, plus tens of thousands in business products and services donated by EO members, including Web services, printing, PR, consulting and more! 2010 competitors received more than US$150,000 in total prizes.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards by phone at +1.703.519.6700.
The local chapters Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) will host live competitions at the local and/or national level, which will serve as a qualifying event for GSEA Finals in Frankfurt, Germany 27-29 April, 2017. The live competition is reserved for undergraduate students (pursuing a bachelor’s degree) only.
- You must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- Your company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.