Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland, Inc. Scholarships
Sponsor: Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland, Inc. | Application Deadline: March 1, 2016
Scholarship URL: http://www.fgcofmd.org/NGC_CAR_FGCMDScholarships.html
Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland, Inc. (FGCMD) is pleased to participate in scholarship programs that provide grants to college or university students whose major course of study is intended to lead to a career related to environmental concerns, floral design, gardening, horticulture or landscape design.
National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC) scholarships are awarded annually. One student’s application may be submitted by Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland, Inc. to the NGC scholarship board each year. Application deadline: March 1.
A Central Atlantic Region (CAR) scholarship is awarded annually. One student’s application may be submitted by Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland, Inc. to the CAR scholarship board each year. One scholarship will be granted at the CAR Fall Conference. Application deadline: May 1.
Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland, Inc. (FGCMD) scholarships are awarded annually, depending upon availability of funds. A total of up $2,500 may be granted in one or more scholarships. Application deadline: May 1.
One-year grants are available to junior, senior and graduate students pursing a masters degree. Application may be made by sophomores for grants to be awarded in their junior year.
- An applicant must be a legal resident of the United States and of the state of Maryland, and must attend an accredited college or university in the United States listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. International or foreign exchange students are not eligible.
- An undergraduate applicant must be a full-time student enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours of classes. A graduate applicant pursuing a Masters degree must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 graded hours. Study abroad on fellowships or internships is not eligible; funds may be applied to studies overseas provided that the study is a condition of the recipient’s degree plan and that payment continues to be made to the accredited U.S. college or university.
- An applicant must be planning a career related to gardening, landscape design, environmental issues, floral design or horticulture, and must be majoring in one of the following fields: Agriculture Education, Agronomy, Biology, Botany, City (Rural & Urban) Planning, Environmental Concerns (Management: Environmental, Horticulture Resource/Environmental Behavior) Environmental Conservation/ Engineering, Floriculture, Forestry, Habitat or Forest/Systems Ecology, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Land Management, Plant Pathology/Science, Wildlife Science and/or related or allied subjects.
- An applicant must have at least a 3.25 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale).
- A student receiving an NGC scholarship is ineligible for CAR or FGCMD grants in the same year.
Students must submit the NGC Scholarship Application Form and all required inclusions to apply for NGC, CAR and FGCMD Scholarships described above. Only one application packet need be submitted; information will be forwarded as necessary to the appropriate scholarship board(s). Complete information including the scholarship application and required forms is available at the NGC website scholarship link. An applicant must submit one complete, unbound, unstapled packet as instructed, to be received by the NGC/CAR/FGCMD Scholarships Chairman listed below by the required deadline. A student may reapply by submitting a complete, new packet in the following year(s).