Critical Language Scholarship
Sponsor: Critical Language Scholarship Program | Application Deadline: November 17, 2016
Scholarship URL: http://www.clscholarship.org/applicants
- Do you want to study one of these critical languages during the summer – all expenses paid?
- Do you want to study abroad in one of these countries this summer – all expenses paid?
- SOUTH KOREA
- The United States Department of State is pleased to announce the scholarship competition for the 2016 Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program for overseas intensive summer language institutes in thirteen critical need foreign languages. CLS institutes provide fully-funded group-based intensive language instruction and structured cultural enrichment experiences for seven to ten weeks for U.S. citizen undergraduate and graduate students.
- Interested applicants should review the full eligibility and application information on the CLS Program website at www.clscholarship.org/applicants.
- Students in all disciplines, including business, engineering, law, medicine, sciences, and humanities are encouraged to apply. Whilethere is no service requirement attached to CLS Program awards, participants are expected to continue their language study beyond the scholarship period, and later apply their critical language skills in their future professional careers.
- Application are due November of the year before you travel abroad.
- US Citizens
- currently enrolled freshmen
- graduate students are eligible
- GPA of 3.5 or higher recommended
- all majors eligible
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION REQUIRED
- Important: CLS programs in Arabic, Chinese, Persian, Russian, and Japanese institutes have language prerequisites. Learn more at http://www.clscholarship.org/applicants.htm#prerequisites
- To access the online application, or for more information about the CLS Program, please visit the CLS website at http://www.clscholarship.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Francis Duvinage, Ph.D