Charlotte W. Newcombe Scholarship
Sponsor: Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation | Application Deadline: January 4, 2017
Scholarship URL: http://www.newcombefoundation.org/scholarship_mws.html
- This is a need-based scholarship available for women in the Returning Students Program of the Counseling Center. All undergraduates 25 years of age or older (part-time and full-time) admitted to UMCP are welcome to apply.
- Students 25 years of age or older.
- Good academic standing in previous college work.
- All candidates must maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need as evidenced by completion of the 2015-2016 FAFSA or renewal FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and scholarship application.
- Completion of at least half the credits necessary for an undergraduate degree (60 credits) by MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016
Special consideration will be given to:
- Students who demonstrate a considerable level of service to others in their families and community and a desire to continue such service
- Students demonstrating need through compelling, thoughtful, genuine, and thorough essay question responses
- Students with disabilities (or family member/s with disabilities)
- Students who have received this scholarship less than two times
- Students pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree