Certified Angus Beef Colvin Scholarship Award
Sponsor: Certified Angus Beef | Application Deadline: January 16, 2017
Scholarship URL: http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/press/colvin/
- Developed in 1999 as Louis M. “Mick” Colvin retired as Executive Director, the scholarship recognizes his role in making dreams a reality and inspiring others to be their best. Colvin co-founded the Certified Angus Beef Program in 1978, leading it to provide the world’s leading brand of fresh beef. The scholarship fund benefits tomorrow’s leaders who are involved in their communities and the beef industry.
Six scholarships totaling $20,000 will be awarded!
This year, $20,000 will be split among five undergraduate scholarships, in the amounts of $6,000, $5,000, $4,000, $3,000 and $2,000. College juniors and seniors who have shown commitment to the beef industry, either through coursework or activities, are encouraged to apply by the Dec. 12 deadline. Applications are evaluated on involvement and scholastic achievement, communication skills and reference letters.
A $6,000 graduate level scholarship will be awarded to a deserving full-time masters or doctorate student conducting research related to high quality beef production. Applications for that award are due Jan. 16, 2017.
The top undergraduate and graduate scholarship recipients will win an all-expense-paid trip to the 2017 Certified Angus Beef ® Annual Conference, September 27-29 in Nashville, Tennessee! This is an opportunity to interact with leaders throughout the production, packing, retail and foodservice industries.
- Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry through pursuit of a meat science, food science, animal science, marketing, business, communications, journalism, or other degree related to the beef industry through activities and curriculum.
- Available only to students who have enough credit hours to be classified as a junior or senior at the beginning of the 2017 spring semester or quarter, at a four-year institution. Past, present, and current interns of Certified Angus Beef LLC are eligible.
- Must submit a double-spaced, typed essay of no more than 1,000 words on the following topic:
- Describe what “sustainable” means to the future of the beef industry. Describe what “sustainable” means to consumers and why it’s become a topic of growing importance.
- Why are you pursuing the career path you have selected?
- Enclose a photo of yourself to be used for publicity purposes.
- Two recommendation letters from individuals other than family members, who are knowledgeable of your integrity, dependability, motivation, and leadership potential.
- A copy of your official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities attended must be included with your application form.
- All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the recipient for tuition, fees, books, room and board, or other direct college expenses.
- Certified Angus Beef LLC employees’ immediate family members are not eligible to apply.
Apply online or e-mail application and any attachments to Trudi Hoyle email@example.com. If necessary, hard copy applications may be mailed to:Trudi Hoyle
Certified Angus Beef LLC
206 Riffel Rd.
Wooster, OH 44691
Applications must be received or postmarked by December 12, 2016.
Scholarships will be awarded to the top applicants, judged in this order of importance: activities and scholastic achievement, communication skills both essay and verbal, and reference letters.
The Colvin Scholarship Fund Advisory Committee administers all fundraising, judging criteria and award selection. Applicant will be notified of results in February 2017.
For more information, please contact: Trudi Hoyle at 330-345-0808, ext. 411.