American Society for Enology and Viticulture Scholarship
Sponsor: American Society for Enology and Viticulture | Application Deadline: March 1, 2017
Scholarship URL: http://asev.org/scholarship-program
- The American Society for Enology and Viticulture annually awards numerous scholarships to students pursuing a degree in enology, viticulture, or in a curriculum emphasizing a science basic to the wine and grape industry. The awards are not in predetermined amounts and may vary from year to year. All scholarship recommendations made by the Scholarship Committee are subject to final approval by the Board of Directors.
- The Society does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, or physical/mental disabilities. The Society has no affiliation with the University of California or other institutions that may also offer scholarship programs. Previous applicants and recipients are eligible to reapply each year in open competition with new applicants. The ASEV reserves the right not to award scholarships in any given year.
Application deadline: All completed forms, letters, and transcripts must be received by the Scholarship Committee by March 1 for consideration for an award for the following scholastic year.
All of the following requirements must be met:
1. Undergraduate and graduate students must be enrolled in or accepted into a full-time accredited four year college or university program. They must reside in North America (Canada, Mexico, or USA). Applicants should be a minimum of junior status for the upcoming academic year (45 semester units/60 credit units).
2. Undergraduate students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Graduate students must have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2. These averages must be based on a scale maximum of 4.0.
3. The completed student questionnaire.
4. A written statement of intent as it relates to a future career in the wine or grape industry. Identify your interests in the wine or grape industry or in related research. Elaborate on how you became interested in and what efforts you have made to become familiar with the industry and/or research. Please limit this statement to one page.
5. Original transcripts or copies of original transcripts of all college or university courses you have completed to date.
6. A list of planned courses for the upcoming academic year, unless you are a graduate student who has completed the required classes for your program.
7. Your letter of acceptance from the academic institution if you are beginning a new degree program.
8. Two current letters of recommendation, written for this application period and directed to the ASEV Scholarship Committee. At least one letter should be from an academic advisor and/or a recent instructor (within the last year of your college or university education). Please be certain that you meet our overall GPA requirements before you request a letter of recommendation. These two letters of recommendation must be submitted by the student with the application packet. Each must be in a sealed, envelope with the writer’s signature across the sealed envelope flap or alternatively emailed directly from the person who signed and wrote the letter, to email@example.com.
Direct inquiries to the ASEV Scholarship Committee, PO Box 1855, Davis CA 95617-1855 or contact us with any questions.