The College of Agriculture & Natural Resources has partnered with universities around the world. The following is a list of all the universities that AGNR has signed agreements of memorandum of understanding.
Photo: MOU Signing between UMD-AGNR and TECRO (Taipei Economic and Cultural Representive Office, Washington, DC. Left to Right: (seated) Cheng-i Wei, Dean of UMD-AGNR; (standing) UMD Pres. Mote; (seated) UMD Provost Farvardin; (standing) TECRO Deputy Representative Dr. Jacob Chang; (seated) Dr. Chin-Sheng Chang, Director of TECRO Cultural Division.
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Pristina, to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research (June 2016)
- Latvia University of Agriculture to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research. (July 2015)
- Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct research. (March 2015)
- National Taiwan Normal University. Joint Research, faculty and student exchange. (November 2010)
- National Taiwan University, College of Bio-resources and Agriculture, for student exchange. (June 2010, November 2014)
- TECRO (Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office, Washington, DC) and UMD-AGNR agreed to develop joint courses, study abroad. (April 2009)
- National Ilan University (December 2012)
- National Pingtung University of Science and Technology (December 2012)
- Economic Division, TECRO and UMD-AGNR, Develop joint research training programs for government officials on agricultural production and food safety and security. (January 2014)
- Addis Ababa University to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research (May 2013)
- Bahir Dar University to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research (May 2013)
- Debre Berhan University to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research (Aug. 2014)
- University of Gondar to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research (May 2013)
- Jimma University to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research (May 2013)
- Cross River State Government of Nigeria (August 2013) to exchange faculty, researchers, scientists, students for teaching and research; exchange scholars for seminars and conferences; and joint research activities. Cross River, Nigeria is a sister-state of Maryland (August 2013)
- China Agricultural University (2015; 2007; 2006): student exchange agreement; 2+2 program in which CAU students complete 2 years there and transfer to UMD for final two years of study. They are awarded a degree from UMD.
- Jiangnan University, 2+2 student transfer program. (November 2010)
- Northwest A&F University (2015, 2009, 2007): Faculty and student exchange, and 2+2 program.
- South China Agricultural University (2010), 2+2 student transfer program.
- Xiamen University (2014), develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research.
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding (2007): Faculty and student exchange, joint research activities
- Indian Council of Food and Agriculture, New Delhi, India (2016): to conduct food safety training, engage in joint research and studies.
- G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology (2009): student and faculty exchanges, joint research.
- Tamilnadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) (2007): student exchange, research program.
- Haryana Agricultural University (2006): Student exchange in veterinary medicine, develop distance education capability.
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth (Agricultural University) (2007).
- Government of Malaysia, Ministry of Health. Joint research, faculty and student exchange (May 2011)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia. Joint research, faculty and student exchange (May 2011)
- Instituto Nacional de Tecnologica Agroecuaria to develop faculty and student exchanges and conduct joint research. (August 2010)
- Kursk State Agricultural Academy (2009, 2004): co-taught classes by video-conference, student exchange, development of Extension, curriculum development.
- Moscow State Agro-Engineering University (2007, 2004, 2001): Assisting in developing a distance education capability and an electronic publication in cooperation with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
- Moscow State Environmental Engineering University (2007; 2005): develop distance learning, faculty and student exchange, development of joint research, training and extension programs, curriculum development.
- Russian Academy of Agriculture Sciences (2001): Agricultural policy alternatives for economic growth of agriculture in both countries. Bio-safety and vaccine development for poultry. Nutrient management. Phytoremediation.
- Stavropol State Agrarian University (2005): develop distance learning center.
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Agriculture and Food (2001): Conduct joint research, training and distance education.
- Ecole Supérieure d'Agriculture d'Angers & Institut Superieur d'Agriculture de Lille (2008): exchanges and study abroad.
- University of Costa Rica, Faculty of Agronomy (2009, 2007, 1999): Student and faculty exchanges.
- Tan Tao University. Joint research, faculty exchange and projects, esp. Food Safety & Security (June 2011)
Republic of Georgia
- Georgian State Agrarian University (2006): exchange of faculty, curriculum development, translation of Extension publications.