The Stephen Haterius Student Agriculture Leadership Program
NASDA.org | Arlington, VA | Posted: Feb 18 2016
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking highly motivated students interested about the legislation and regulations that impact American agriculture.
What is NASDA?
NASDA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit association which represents the elected and appointed commissioners, secretaries, and directors of the departments of agriculture in all fifty states and four U.S. territories.
Our Mission Statement
NASDA grows and enhances agriculture by forging partnerships and creating consensus to achieve sound policy outcomes between state departments of agriculture, the federal government, and stakeholders.
About the Internship
Applicants should be classified as a sophomore or greater by their academic institution and have excellent written and oral communication skills. A basic understanding of the legislative process is preferred but not required. This internship does provide a monthly stipend but housing is not provided. Start and end dates are flexible.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Represent NASDA in Congressional hearings, conference calls, and other venues, and provide an analysis of these events to policy staff members
- Manage logistics, provide operational support, and interface with senior state and federal agriculture policy makers in a fast-paced environment during NASDA’s Annual Meeting (Fall) or Winter Policy Conference (Spring)
- Conduct research on various legislative issues of importance to NASDA’s membership
- Write articles covering various agricultural issues for NASDA’s weekly newsletters
- Monitor Congressional calendar, manage House and Senate e-mail distribution lists, and other office administrative duties
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to Elizabeth Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline for the semester that you are applying to intern.
- Resume with GPA included
- Writing sample that is one to two pages in length related to any topic in agriculture
- Two letters of reference
Position Closing Date: