4P Foods | Posted: Mar 13 2015
Position URL: http://4pfoods.com/marketing-intern/
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
4P Foods is a Benefit Corporation based in Washington, DC. We are a multi-farm CSA with a social twist – our goal is to use good local food as a tool for social justice. We bring food from family farms in the Mid-Atlantic to our customers in the greater Washington-DC area every week in a subscription model.
We are looking to hire a marketing intern for the Spring semester. Disclaimer: this is a small, startup business. Any applicant should be willing (and able) to thrive in an often hectic environment, wearing many hats, and taking initiative every step of the way.
• Sales / Marketing: getting more people signed up for a 4P Foods weekly subscription
• Blogging: creating engaging content for the 4P Foods blog, including but not limited to posting recipes and cooking ideas from our weekly produce bag, engaging commentary on food justice issues, and telling the stories of our farmers and producers
• Promotions: supporting our team at events and promotions, which are often after work hours & on weekends
• Social Media: Assisting in the upkeep of our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts.
• Design: Working on developing engaging and eye-catching collateral for our marketing/outreach efforts.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage up: we are a small and very busy team and we need someone that is able to take initiative while keeping us informed on your activities
• A willingness to do a few administrative tasks … but we promise we will make up for it with farm visits!
• An eye for aesthetics and design: we need someone that knows what good design looks like and can help us to up our game in this area.
• A thoughtful and engaging personality: we are looking for someone that can connect with and inspire all types of people around good food and sustainability.
• Knowledge of the current issues surrounding our food systems in the United States: Part of what we do at 4P Foods is inform our customers about how the decisions we make about the food we eat affects the environment, communities and economies around us.
• 20 hours a week working from our group work space at Impact Hub DC
• 3-4 month commitment (starting in January or February) some evening & weekend availability
Salary & Benfit Information:
Position Closing Date: Open Until Filled