To apply for the 2015 Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, please fill out our online application to the right!
Howard County Parks and Recreation | Posted: Mar 31 2015
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
Manual labor position mainly responsible for general landscape maintenance of Belmont Manor and Historic Park. Task assignments include: mainly work unsupervised pruning, mulching, planting, weeding, watering, and spraying. Requires unsupervised travel throughout the county to accomplish these maintenance tasks. Be able to work outside in all weather and handle physical labor work of at least 50 lbs.
- Pesticides application and record keeping.
- Daily journal.
- Operation of an ATV.
- Maintain and operate vehicles with water tank trailer.
- Provide maintenance and upkeep on all assigned equipment and vehicles.
- To maintain an Integrated Pest Management program.
- Other duties include weeding, watering, planting, pruning, mulching, leaf removal.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Use a GPS system.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Requires a valid Maryland Class “C” driver’s license with certified driving record. Have good oral and written communication skills in dealing with the public and record keeping. Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions, and operate a motor vehicle with trailer safely. Ability to perform heavy labor for prolonged periods of time in all types of weather.
One year experience in general landscape maintenance work. Knowledge of plant care preferred.
Salary & Benfit Information:
If interested, please contact Mr. Overstreet.
Position Closing Date:
Timothy W. Overstreet