Agricultural Policy Internship
National Association of State Departments of Agriculture | Arlington, VA | Posted: May 13 2014
Position URL: http://www.idealist.org/view/internship/zp8CnFXJndw4/
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking a highly motivated public policy intern interested in learning about the legislation and regulations that impact American agriculture.
Applicants should be classified as a sophomore or greater by their academic institution and have excellent written and oral communication skills. A basic understanding of the legislative process is preferred but not required. This is a paid internship. Housing is not provided. Start and end dates are flexible.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research on various legislative issues of importance to NASDA's membership
- Represent NASDA in Congressional hearings, conference calls, and other venues, and provide written analysis of these events to policy staff members
- Write articles covering various agricultural issues for NASDA's weekly newsletters
- Manage logistics, provide operational support, and interface with senior state and federal agriculture policy makers in a fast-paced environment during NASDA's Annual Meeting (Fall) or Winter Policy Conference (Spring)
- Answer phones, monitor Congressional calendar, manage House and Senate e-mail distribution lists, and distribute mail to staff
Salary & Benfit Information:
Submit the following documents to Elizabeth Rowland at email@example.com by 5 PM Eastern on May 19.
- Resume with GPA included
- One writing sample that is one to two pages in length
- Two letters of reference
Position Closing Date: